Saturday, June 12, 2010

MSC & I

Humbling the rest, Schumacher weaves through Circuit de Catalunya. The radio conversation, post-race ceremonies and the press conferences accentuate one character. Arrogance. Sheer Arrogance. The imperiousness is exhilarating.
There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance. The assertiveness that mastery precipitates is nothing short of Victorian haughtiness. And I miss the self-righteous bastard I always was and that has manifested as my Everest. Waddling in a sea of mediocrity and belittled to minions gut me. It never has and never will be about others. It’s just my megalomaniac “Super-Ego”. Battling mediocres’, pawning his dominion, oblivious to the scathing critiques, eyeing the top step, MSC stomped on to the global arena. Again.Nobody but himself to prove to.
Taking a leaf out of my all-time favourite sportsman, gritting my teeth, I should give my all. Hoping to tame my leviathan of an ego, I tread to reach the podium. As he said,a direct quote, "I'm Michael Schumacher. I don't need to test my driving ability". I might fail by the yardstick of others but success will be only by mine.

2 comments:

  1. Arun at his best... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that you don't blog (clearly) as much as you should. It's pretty interesting to be witness to your battle against the world ultimately being against yourself-isn't that what we all go through? ps-Had to look up some words on your blog...so much for mediocrity!! :p

    ReplyDelete